Frequently asked questions, or FAQs are, well….frequent. At Wallace Wason, PLLC we are always looking for ways to help our clients and potential clients through the various aspects of bringing a lawsuit in the civil court system. We understand that the terminology, the process and the necessary steps can be confusing during what is already a very difficult time in your life.
For this reason, we’ve put together a list of frequently asked questions and our typical answers to help you in this journey. We’ll be adding more content over time in response to your questions, so keep asking!
Hiring a Malpractice Attorney
- What is Needed to Evaluate my Malpractice or Injury Case?
- Intake Interview – How to Make the Most of our Free Case Evaluation
Understanding Malpractice Law
- What Is the Statute of Limitations for Malpractice Cases?
- Who Should Consider a Medical or Dental Malpractice Claim?
- What is an Expert Witness and Why Do I Need One?
Medical and Dental Malpractice Lawsuits
- What Are the Elements of a Successful Malpractice Case?
- Informed Consent and Medical Malpractice
- Medical Negligence – Understanding Your Rights
- Can I Sue My Dentist?
- How Much Will This Cost?
Legal Malpractice Law
Complaints Against Doctors
How Do I file a Complaint Against a Doctor with the State Licensing Board? (links below open in new tab)
- File a Medical Complaint with the Commonwealth of Virginia
- File a Complaint with the State of Maryland
- File a Complaint with the District of Columbia
Getting Around Old Town Alexandria, Virginia
- What to Do in Alexandria, Va – in Old Town for a visit at Wallace Wason, PLLC?
- Looking for a Restaurant in Old Town? We’ve partnered with local merchants for discounts available to our clients and colleagues – ask us for a list.
- How Do I Know If I Have a Case or Should Sue?
- When Does It Make Sense to File a Lawsuit?
- I Can’t Afford Reparative Treatment – Will A Legal Claim Help?
- Reasons WWPLLC Might Decline a Case
- How Long Will This Take?
- Elements of Discovery in a Lawsuit
- What are Interrogatories in a Lawsuit?
- What are Requests for Production of Documents, or RPDs?
- The Importance of Depositions
- What is the Definition of Standard of Care in Medical Malpractice?
- Damages in Malpractice Lawsuits
- Definitions of Legal Terms in Malpractice Casess
If you have other questions that you’d like to see addressed, feel free to get in touch!
Resources for Current Clients of Wallace Wason, PLLC
If you have been seriously hurt, we will help you make a serious recovery. TM